We were really meant to fly in real life but every now and then a field comes along and reminds us that our default status ought to always be: grounded. So far so good. Haven’t blogged in ages because I have so many things to say that I can’t share until the end of my term but suffice it to say that this has been a very very good year. Now, some updates:
- I’ve put up a new blog! This time on reading and books. It felt weird at first because I already talk a lot about reading here but I realize that I just need some space to write about books on their own minus the personal word vomit. Life has a way of taking over some of the pages and overshadowing what I read so to avoid that, I’m trying to delineate and speak of both lives I live: one as reader and the other as writer, I suppose. Blog’s called: bookdilettante.wordpress.com and i’m quite the dabbler, as you know.
- Have an insane deadline! October 15 for everything! Can I do it? We shall see. But I’m hoping to be done with my MA soon. Come on, get it over with. A second degree in history awaits! Or maybe a PhD? Who knows? Things look promising.
- I’m broke. Too many books…erm, yeah. No update here. Just default status. Yikes. Will die poor. Just please burn me or toss me into the Aegean.
- Ending my term as part-time history teacher in two weeks. Am I ready to say goodbye to this? No, clearly. It feels like a break-up. Why is September always harsh?
- Going to Zamboanga, apparently. Let’s see how that pans out, yes?
- Wants to live in Katipunan. Alone in a unit full of books with a piece of sky that’s a stone’s throw away from my favorite fields and wonderful bookstores.
- Also, I kind of know who I want to end up with but I also did something daring for the first time ever! No silliness or awkwardness. I went up to a guy and asked to read next to him. #hugedork But it was worth it!
YOU HEAR THAT, WORLD?! IT WAS WORTH IT! ALL OF IT!