Finding her was timely! First, at a bookstore where I became acquainted with her book. I couldn’t contain the giddiness I felt after reading some excerpts from her “Beginner’s Guide to Changing the World” –I knew little about Tibet then, only that the Dalai Lama came from there and was exiled. I was in high school after all and the summer had just rolled by. Then I read on and my admiration for this woman grew. She’s a wildflower who’s soft around the edges, if that’s even possible but yeah. She is.
I don’t recall why I never looked her up online. But recently, I did. I was trying to find the cover page of her book when I found her. Then she mentioned Facebook and I thought, well, why not? I added her, left a note and a few hours later, she confirmed it and left a message of her own. She’s the sweetest person and she has the best advice.
Here is Isabel Losada’s list of Ten Indispensable Things You Need to Change the World.
1. A Storage Cupboard. To put your TV in.
2. A Crazy, Wonderful, Foolish, Positive Plan.
3. Selective Deafness (complete inability to hear the word ‘No’)
4. A Coffee Addiction. (Impossible Otherwise)
5. Unconditional Love for Others. 24 / 7.
6. Deranged Friends. (See 7)
7. An irrational desire to do mad things – called ‘fundraising’ (jump out of planes, etc)
8. A Website that you made yourself and can maintain yourself.
9. An unbalanced sense of humour.
10. Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence
Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy….
Read the book! She replies to emails too, btw. 🙂 I think it’s always a blessing when people we look up to have time for us. Consider me incredibly moved and inspired.